Data sets currently available on SRRL BSRN web site
- Daily plots and raw data files, are available from January 29, 1999 to January 20, 2009.
- Solar Calendars, are available from January 1999 to January 2009.
- Instrument history and meta data.
Notice: This is NOT a real BSRN station, just a prototype. Data from this site should not be used, due to poor tracker operations.
- Provide accurate and continuous 1-minute measurements of Direct, Diffuse, and Global solar irradiances for the Baseline Surface Radiation Network.
- Serve as an independent measurement platform to provide redundant measurements of key shortwave irradiance elements for the Baseline Measurement System (BMS) also in continuous operation at the Solar Radiation Research Laboratory (SRRL).
- A separate radiometer mounting platform, developed and tested at SRRL for deployment in Saudi Arabia, is used to position the instruments.
- Thermopile-type radiometers are used to collect the following irradiance elements:
- Direct-Normal -- EPLAB Model NIP mounted in ST-1 solar tracker
- Diffuse Horizontal -- EPLAB Model PSP mounted in TD tracking disc shade device.
- Global Horizontal -- EPLAB Model PSP
- Data acquisition by a Campbell Scientific, Inc., model CR10X data logger programmed to output 1-minute averages of 2-second samples of each input channel.
- Data checked for quality using automated system based on SERI_QC.